Overnight Panettone French Toast. Bread Pudding. A Morsel of Delicious. A Party in Your Mouth.
Call it what you may, this recipe will not disappoint!
In the second installment of the Panettone 4 Ways series, we’re featuring an overnight Panettone french toast. It’s very simple to make, and I would almost just make it for the smell that it fills the house with! A sweet, scrumptious smell of baked panettone. Your kitchen will smell like you’ve walked into a bakery. Something you definitely won’t get with eating fresh panettone.
This is perfect for a Sunday morning brunch, or even on Christmas morning. I didn’t top my panettone with anything, but feel free to top it with maple syrup and whipped cream.
Here’s how I made it (exact recipe below):
I cut up my panettone in large slices. I used the Maina Panettone classico (700g) that comes wrapped in cellophane (as opposed to the fancy ones in boxes). I then placed the slices in a buttered dish:
I then whipped up my custard using eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla. I poured it on the Panettone. I covered the dish in saran wrap, and placed it in the fridge overnight.
In the morning, I pulled out the dish and placed it in the oven.
It came out looking like this ( I may have over-baked it just slightly, but it still tasted delicious nonetheless!).
And there you have it! Panettone French Toast!
Will you be giving it a try this holiday season?
- 1 Classic 700g Panettone
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Butter to grease baking dish
- Cut panettone into large slices. Place into a buttered baking dish so that they fit snugly.
- Mix eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl. Pour this mixture over the panettone. Cover the baking dish in saran wrap and place it in the fridge overnight.
- When you're ready to eat your panettone, take it out of the fridge and preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Once the oven is heated, place the baking dish inside the oven and bake for approx 45 mins or until golden brown and all the custard has absorbed into the panettone.
- Feel free to top with whipped cream and maple syrup!