I love ricotta. I also love lemon and ricotta together. So when I came across Danielle Rollins’ lemon ricotta pancakes while looking for a recipe to make for Mother’ day brunch, I knew I had found my dish! They are easy to make, and were really light and fluffy. Mom loved them, I loved them- will definitely be making again!
This was an extremely tiny gesture in comparison to everything my mom has done for me, but she appreciated it nonetheless!
- 8 large eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 16 ounces ricotta
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup flour
- zest of 1.5 lemons
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 pint blueberries
- Combine egg yolks, ricotta, sugar, flour and lemon zest in electric mixer until smooth.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whip egg whites into stiff peaks (you can use the electric mixer here too).
- Add the egg whites to the yolk mixture by gently folding in.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add a small amount of butter. Ladle a spoonful of batter into the pan and cook until it begins to bubble on the top. Flip and cook the other side. Serve immediately with blueberries and whipping cream.