I’ve always been a fan of ricotta (lemon ricotta pancakes anyone?). But when I found out you can whip ricotta in a mixer and it will take on a whipped cream-like consistency? That took my love for ricotta to a new level.
I was looking for a dessert to make for our family dinner and was inspired by Martha Stewart’s mango lime ricotta parfait recipe, and just modified it slightly. My mom suggested I whip the ricotta and this step is what made all the difference! Whipping the ricotta will make for a perfect consistency for the parfait since it becomes so smooth, velvety and creamy once it’s whipped. The mango and lime mixture just adds the perfect hint of tangy fruitiness to finish off the the dessert.
Read on for the recipe…
- 1 400g container of ricotta cheese (I use Scardillo)
- 1 mango, skin remove and cubed
- Juice of half a lime
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a bowl, stir together 1 tbsp sugar, lime juice and mango. Set aside in fridge for approximately one hour to allow the flavours to combine.
- When ready to serve, whip ricotta, vanilla and 2 tbsp sugar in mixer until ricotta becomes velvety smooth and cream-like in consistency.
- Assembly: Add some ricotta to the bottom of your parfait glass of choice (any glass/mason jar will do). Top with mango mixture. Add more ricotta to the glass and finish off with more of the mango mixture. Enjoy 🙂